Agate is composed of layers of quartz.
Agate is the ayurvedic for May and the mystical birthstone for September.
Hardness: 7 | Density: 2.65 – 2.66
Legends & Lore:
- In general, agate is good for transmutation and is beneficial for stomach problems.
- Fire agate grounds and balances.
- Red, orange, yellow, brown agate is good for grounding and helps with stomach, colon, liver, spleen, kidney disorders.
- Moss agate helps secure emotional and mental priorities as well as blood sugar balance.
- Blue Lace agate helps one to reach high spiritual places.
- Agate is the unofficial mineral of Arizona, the rock of Kentucky and Nebraska, the stone of Mississippi and Tennessee, the gemstone of Louisiana, Montana, Minnesota, Washington and South Dakota.