Go Red and Wear Red Day are held in February. People wear red to show their support for the awareness of heart disease. It coincides with National Heart Month. The goal is to raise awareness of heart disease.
In the UK, it is held every February 25th.
In the US, is falls on the first Friday in February. The focus in the US is to raise awareness about heart disease in women.
Things to do:
- Wear red 😉
- Find out what your cholesterol level is. Take action if it is high.
- Check your blood pressure. Consult your doctor if it is high.
- If you smoke, take steps to stop.
- Check your weight and take steps to lose weight if you’re overweight.
- Lower your sugar intake.
- Lower your salt intake.
- Get active. Take a walk, do squats in front of the TV – anything to get your heart pumping. If you are overweight, check in with your doctor for a safe workout plan.