The Zhonghe Festival, also known as the Blue Dragon Festival, is held on the first day of the second month. It is a celebration of the waking of the dragon that brings rain. It was an official festival/holiday in the Tang and Song Dynasties.
The Longtaitou Festival, also known as the Dragon-Raising-its-Head Festival, is held on the second day of the second month. It also celebrates the waking of the dragon.
Today, the two are celebrated together and celebrate the first signs of spring.
- Families pay respect to the dragon king.
- The house is cleaned. It is now safe to sweep without sweeping away the luck from the New Year.
- Fumes from herbs are used to chase out bugs.
- People get their hair cut.
- People eat Spring-pancakes (chūnbǐng) as well as spring rolls and noodles.
Closely related to the Feast of Excited Insects.